Friday, April 19, 2013

Art Fair 2013 Reflection:

The art fair this year was very well run.  There was a great array of sensory stimulants without overloading the viewer.  There was a variety of music playing throughout but none of it was loud enough that it clashed with the other music.  There were also a wide variety of forms of art on display.  I found all of the work to be impressive compared to my lacking art skills.  The food was also delicious and the entire fair seemed to be logistically successful.  Overall I thought it was a great fair.  I also found some pieces which I particularly liked.

Samus by Brian Scheff:
This was a graphic design piece.  The depiction was of the video game character Samus.  The thing that I found interesting about this picture was that it was made using words.  The variations in the colors and sizes of the words were what gave the picture its color and depth and I found this to be a very interesting way to represent the character.  Each of the words had to do with Samus and I thought this was a very good representative piece.

Creep by Irene Lu:
I liked this piece not for its subject but for its style.  The subject of this pastel drawing was a red haired girl who was shown seated at a table staring straight at the viewer.  I liked this picture because the pastel was used to show the nuances of the subject and was not used to make firm lines but instead to provide a gradual shift in color and depth.  I think that this is very difficult to do, and the fact that this young artist has done it successfully deserves recognition.

Forest by Judy Lin:
This was a nice painted piece showing a forest.  The subject of the painting intrigued me because a small hamlet with rays of sunshine entering was shown by Judy.  I liked the way that the painting was made and there was definitely a good amount of texture shown.  The attention to detail was visible in this picture unlike in many that surrounded it so it stood out to me.  Forest also was one of the best realistic paintings I saw throughout the entire fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment